Holubov
with villages Krasetín and Třísov in time changes

page: 1   2

Krasetín, in the background with Kleť, photo: Jan Kříž These beautiful villages are located on foot of mountains Kleť.

Location:
14°20' eastern longitude
48°35' northern latitude
523 above sea level.

Distances between settlements
Holubov - Krasetín: 900 m
Holubov - Třísov: 1900 m
Krasetín - Třísov: 2300 m

Schematic plan of, Celtic settlement and castle Dívčí kámen, illustration The first detailed known settlement in vicinity was near Třísov - Celtic oppidum (settlement, village). Celts (Galls) lived here from 3. to 4.Century AD. It was constructed around 60 AD on area 26 ha. Inner wall built from soil and stones, fortified by wooden slopes was by the ground 7 meters wide and it was high 4 to 5 meters. Inhabitants were employed by agriculture, breeding cattle, sheep and horses. The crafts were developed, Celts melted ores and produced tool and weapons from both bronze and iron. After they left before attack of German tribes Markomans and after campaign of Huns came into this area between 4.-7. Century from East Slavic tribe the Doudlebs.

Holubov:
Village exists a long time and it belonged under the rule of Vítkovci and Rožmberks. The first note about village comes from 1379. Here used to be sooner the manor, which was fled in 1501 and remained deserted. It recalls itself in year 1383 already. The name is probably given by Holub’s court, which belonged under manor of Dívčí kámen.

Panoramic view at Holubov, photo: Jan Kříž

Village Holubov is located in Krumlov region, about 15 km from Český Krumlov. It lays in mountain valleys, along the river Vltava and Křemžský brook, it belongs to complex of Blanský forest.

Holubov, common 1, photo: Jan Kříž Holubov, common 2, photo: Jan Kříž Holubov, common 3, photo: Jan Kříž

Krasetín:
Village is called by locals Krásetín, although in all older records and records of Rožmberk's manor it is known as Krásletín. It belonged to manor of Dívčí Kámen.

Krasetín - common with armory of fire brigade, in the background with Kleť 2, photo: Jan Kříž Krasetín - view from Kleť under cable way, photo: Jan Kříž Krasetín - chapel, year 1854, photo: Jan Kříž

Třísov:
Village also belonged since ancient times to Krumlov manor under rule of Vítkovci and Rožmberks. After building a castle Dívčí Kámen came Třísov under its management. During the Rožmberk's period was village seat of city council. The name comes probably from yard of Třes.

Třísov - spring skyline, photo: Jan Kříž
Třísov - common with armor of fire brigade in front, photo: Jan Kříž Třísov, in back transmitter Kleť, photo: Jan Kříž



Transport:
Through village goes since 1891 rail road from České Budějovice to Volary. The greatest object on this track 100 m long and 30 m high rail road viaduct (iron bridge) in front of station Holubov - it is an iron construction combined from two side conic pillars and one central pillar.

Holubov - train station, photo: Jan Kříž Rail road bridge at Holubov

Through village goes also road from Prachatice via Brloh, Křemže, Holubov (here is road connected to one from České Budějovice), Zlatá Koruna and Český Krumlov.

Important buildings and monuments:

Třísov:
By the rail road station stays memorable lime with ancient chapel, both from year 1776 .
Here also starts marked educative track, which goes through Celtic oppidum, Dívčí Kámen, natural reservation Holubovské hadce along Křemžský brook to the rail road station in Holubov.

Třísov - train stop, photo: Jan Kříž Třísov - memorable lime close to Celtic oppidum, photo: Jan Kříž Dívčí Kámen - courtyard of upper castle, photo: Jan Kříž

At area of 26 ha are near to village the rests of Celtic oppidum. Here was carried out research shortly before WWII and than in 50's and 60's it was intensive research led by dr. Jiří Břeň from National museum Prague. Here was found Celtic town from year 2000 ad. At the rock was carried out the research of Bronze age by dr. Josef Poláček from Southbohemian museum in České Budějovice.

Křemžský brook under Dívčí Kámen, photo: Jan Kříž Dívčí Kámen, camp by Vltava, photo: Jan Kříž

At confluence of Křemžský brook with Vltava are located ruins of castle Dívčí Kámen. Its first record comes from year 1349, greater fortifying works were done by Czechoslovakian science academy in the 60's led by dr. Hejna.

Holubov:
Beneath the rail station in Holubov (earlier called Adolfov) stood till 1874 furnaces and four smithies. Iron works in Holubov were built in 1841 by Budějovice businessmen Vojtěch Lanna, František Klavík and Jan Procházka. Iron works was named after prince Adolf from Schwarzenberg and later built houses were for long time called Adolfov (Adolfstahl, Adolf's valley). Holubov's train station was called by this name till 1923. Motoring power of iron works was the brook, which was giving a motion to 11 water wheels. These transmitted output on smithies and other devices. In iron works people used wood for heating. The iron work was giving employment to around 120 people, the blast furnace was closed in year 1870, the whole iron works in 1878. Iron ore was to Adolfov iron works transported from Zaháje u Hluboké, Červený mlýn and Strážkovice. Even today can one find here in various places blast furnace slag as reminder of past.

Ironworks in Adolfov, historic photo Social house in Adolfov, historic photo

Since year 1878 started to work French entrepreneur A. L. Japhet, whose company produced here till 1885 bend chairs.

Holubov's company Artypa was built by František Sklář at the ruins of old iron works in years 1945-46. František Sklář was painter and graphic artist and his own firm printing and producing paper goods made here also because of nearby paper-mill in Větřní and Loučovice. After nationalization in year 1948 took over paper mill without any compensation a company Southbohemian papermills. In year 1950 was Sklář convicted and arrested due to financial machinations. The main program of Artypa became printing and production of jigsaw puzzles, labels and cardboards for pharmaceutic industry and cosmetics. The great modernization of company was done mainly after 1980. Today is its owner the Artypa s.r.o., production remains in original way, company has very good name and its products are well known all around.

Original company Artypa in 1946, historic photo

Interesting history as also Holubov's mill, which was built already in 1721 and its owner was miller Melmer. In year 1913 bought the known mill farmers Jan Valenta ("Cook"), Václav Dítko ("Klíma") and Tomáš Frojda ("Hanuš") and established miller's union. The outputs of their work were very good and in 1914 constructed the union instead of ford to Holubov a new bridge. In 1929 was Holubov's mill rebuilt, one more floor was added on it, it was equipped by new machinery and water power plant. In year 1945 the union joined 182 members from wide vicinity. In year 1953 was union forced to handle the nationalized mill to "Southbohemian mills". After two years was mill closed, machinery decomposed and carried away. In 1958 was mill taken over by Holubov's collective agricultural farm, which used it as a storage of wheat.

Třísov's Smithy, historic photo Třísov's Smithy today

page: 1   2

 

Ivan Svoboda, annalist of village

Further information:

Microregion Podkletí
Click-sensitive map of the Microregion Podkletí
Microregion Podkletí - Pictorial guide
History of Mills and Saw Mills in the Český Krumlov Region
History of Industrial Production in the Český Krumlov Region



© Sdružení Oficiálního informačního systému Český Krumlov, 2000
Number of visitors this page since 26th July 2001 : TOPlist 0

Česká verzeDeutsche fassung