Blansko, church St. Jiří, overview, foto: Lubor Mrázek

Altitude: 596 m above sea level
Settlement is part of Kaplice nowadays.

The first written mention about Blansko is from 1360. From the end of the 14th century the settlement was part of Nové Hrady estate. In 1446 boundary agreement between Blansko and Soběnov was signed. First mention about the church of St. Jiří is from 1359, in 1735 Gothic church was rebuilt and modified in Baroque style. In 1857 was built large vicarage next to the church. School was finished in 1858. Citizens were entirely farmers, they mainly grew cabbage and beet, rye, barley, oat and potatoes. Some citizens were concerned in timber-rafting. In 1850 Blansko had 570 inhabitants and about 1970 there lived approx. 280 people.

Local hisorical structures :

Church of St. Jiří - originally Gothic, rebuilt in Baroque style in 17th and 18th century

Not far off are found ruins of castle Sokolčí

Blansko, church St. Jiří, overview, foto: Lubor Mrázek Blansko, village green, foto: Lubor Mrázek

Sokolčí Castle:

Sokolčí Castle was found in 13th century by Beneš of Michalovice and from 14th century was under the ownership of the Rosenbergs. In the first half of 16th century was abandoned. Last mention about castle is from 1541, when Peter Wok von Rosenberg already held "destroyed castle".

Blansko, church St. Jiří, tower, foto: Lubor Mrázek Blansko, St. Jan Nepomucký, foto: Lubor Mrázek


© Sdružení Oficiálního informačního systému Český Krumlov, 1999
Number of visitors this page since 30th July 1999 : TOPlist 0

Česká verzeDeutsche fassung